Maintenance and targeted planning for infrastructure will benefit taxpayers and business development. I will bring vision and cooperation to these discussions.
I am actively working on downtown promotion in a non partisan manner and look forward to continuing in that endeavor. Here are a few things we need...
- Promotion of our historic sites and town
- Grow and develop downtown Wallingford as a destination for shoppers, diners, from near and far
- Infrastructure improvements for parking, sidewalks, roads, plantings, and other street amenities
- Environmentally friendly, transit oriented development to bring homeowners, renters and businesses to downtown
- Revitalization of lower Center Street
- Attractive signage for our shopping area and related parking
- Creative programs to incentivize developers and business people
In the fall of 2014 I spearheaded the Up with Downtown Wallingford initiative to survey local store owners, landlords and shoppers to hear directly from them what will make Wallingford even better.
We received a great response with many worthwhile projects to explore. We must work together — store owners, landlords, and the Town — to make downtown the best it can be. It will not happen without all three actively participating in the solution.
We live in a beautiful historic town that is well positioned within the state to have a fabulous downtown, transit based development and a thriving economy through coordinated community and governmental efforts.
Interested in learning how you can help Gina improve Wallingford?
Images and names on this website are for identification purposes only and to depict activities undertaken by the candidate. They are not intended to imply an endorsement by any individual, group, or organization.
Copyright © 2018 Gina for Council. All Rights Reserved. Approved by Gina Morgenstein - Paid for by Gina for Council, Cindy Chelcun, Treasurer